BACK TO TOP
Private information about you may be collated in several ways when you use the Website.
We understand the material we become aware of is private and we are committed to ensuring that all private information is only collected, divulged, used and stored in our database.
- WHAT IS ‘PRIVATE INFORMATION’?
Our Website gathers certain data when you interact with it, such as “Private Information”, which is information that can be used to identify an individual. The Website may also collect data that does not identify you specifically. Private information collected about you that we may collate and process shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Information, correspondence (including information forming part of a database) whether factual or not, and whether recorded in a material form, or not, about a person/people whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or correspondence.
- Information when you create an account on our Website, place an order, communicate with us directly (by email, social media, telephone or any other means)
- Information about you when you subscribe to our newsletter, including, but not limited to e-mail address, phone number and credit card information.
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PRIVATE INFORMATION
Your Private Information is used in the following manner:
- to process transactions and provide you with products and services;
- to communicate with you, with regards to but not limited to, product information, services, competition, special offers and promotions, which might interest you;
- to respond to your inquiries, requests or provide clarifications and provide you with information or advice;
- provide your private information to third parties that assist us in providing products you have ordered, carriage service providers, and IT service providers who assist in managing our servers and database; and
- carry out management, marketing, fraud and loss prevention activities, quality control and research to develop our service to you and keep you well informed of our products and services.
- to develop our understanding of your interests and concerns, to improve our understanding of your use of our products, for our internal marketing and demographic studies: we may use your information to make our Website design and products/services better, as we believe that it is also in our legitimate interest to better serve you and respond to your needs.
- EMAIL COMMUNICATION
- If you have registered through our Website to receive emails from us, we shall send you a notification requesting for your permission before referring you to newsletters, marketing emails, special offers and promotions, which may be of interest to you.
- However, you may at any time opt out of receiving such emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” option that shall be provided at the bottom of the emails you receive.
- Subject to applicable law, you may have the following rights:
- Right of access: You may request us to provide you with access to your Private Information that we accumulate. In most cases, access to your Private Information will be granted. However, if we refuse to give you access, we will immediately provide you with details for our refusal.
- Right to make corrections: If any Private Information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please let us know and we shall update the information.
- Right to removal: You may have the right to ask us to remove your Private Information.
- Right to limit processing of data: In limited circumstances, you may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your Private Information.
- Right to object and rights relating to automated decision-making: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to refuse, on matters relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Private Information by us and we can be required to no longer process your Private Information.
- Right to provide your guidelines regarding the storage, removal or disclosure of your Private Information after your demise.
- PRIVATE INFORMATION SECURITY
We are committed to maintaining and securing the data you provide to us and we will take practical precautions to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We may use information from cookies for the following purposes:
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you enter the Website, the type of browser and operating system used to enter the Website, the date and time of your access to the Website, the pages you browse, and the Internet address of the website from which you accessed our Website;
- To recognize frequent people accessing the Website for statistical/analytical purposes;
- Unidentified tracing of communication with online advertising, for example, to identify the number of times that an advertisement is exhibited and the number of times it is clicked on.
- To customize or personalize your browsing experience of the Website, for example, so that we can recognise you by your given name;
- For transactional purposes, such as credit/debit card sales;
- To monitor your use of the Website in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible, for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Website that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Website that you have not accessed previously.
- We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) anonymous statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information.
- Whereas some cookies may be designed to gather data which will allow us to support your browsing such as languages preferences, memorizing log-in, or saving the content of your shopping basket.
- While designated cookies may be programmed to support your access of our Website, you may express your choice regarding our cookies through the privacy settings options of your browser which should include features to prevent from keeping information or processing information already stored, unless you turn on the feature to allow such storage or processing.
We cannot guarantee the proper use of the Website if you choose to inactivate your cookies. However, your experience on our Website will improve if cookies are not disabled.
- STORAGE DURATION OF YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION
When it comes to retaining your details on our database, we shall store your Private Information for the following purposes:
- As long as you have an account on our Website with us.
- As long as it is needed to provide services to you.
- As long as it is necessary in order to provide support related tasks.
In certain cases, we may retain some of your information after you have closed your account, or it is no longer necessary to provide the services to you; typically this type of situation may arise if your details are needed to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions. In this case the Private Information may be stored until the end of such action, including any possible periods for appeal, and will then be erased or archived as acceptable by the applicable law.
Your Private Information will not be stored in a way that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably considered necessary by us for reaching the purposes for which it was retained or managed.
- CONTACTING US
When your accessing your Private Information is based on your consent, you may withdraw the consent you previously provided to us at any time. The withdrawal of such consent shall not affect the legality of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
To exercise these rights, please contact our Customer Services Team:
Timings- from 9am -6pm (UAE Time) between Saturday- Thursday (except public holidays)
You also have the right to submit a complaint with the competent data protection authority.